Wednesday, December 16, 2009

He Only Took My Hand



"Last night while I was trying to sleep,

My son's voice I did hear

I opened my eyes and looked around,

But he did not appear.

He said: "Mom you've got to listen,

You've got to understand

God didn't take me from you, mom

He only took my hand.

When I called out in pain that night,

The instant that I died,

He reached down and took my hand,

And pulled me to His side.

He pulled me up and saved me

From the misery and pain.

My body was hurt so badly inside,

I could never be the same.

My search is really over now,

I've found happiness within,

All the answers to my empty dreams

And all that might have been.

I love you all and miss you so,

And I'll always be nearby.

My body's gone forever,

But my spirit will never die!

And so, you must all go on now,

Live one day at a time.

Just understand-

God did not take me from you,

He only took my hand."

~Author Unknown


Photo Credits

No comments:

Post a Comment